The Utrecht Summer School is part of Utrecht University.
1. Applications can only take place via the website by submitting the completed application form followed by payment by credit card or wire transfer.
Applications via the website without immediate online payment will be considered as provisional applications. Following the provisional application the participant will receive information about the payment options. The participant cannot derive any rights from the provisional application.
2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
3. Registration closes on the date indicated for each course on the website or in the brochure. These regulations may be deviated from if there are still course places available, which is left to the discretion of the course provider.
4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date.
5. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, the method of selection differs per course provider (faculty). The regulations are usually mentioned in the website course information. If nothing is mentioned on this subject in the course information on the website, the regulations may be requested via the contact person mentioned in the course information.
6. The Utrecht Summer School reserves the right to test the participant’s starting level in order to assess whether it fits in with the level of the course. If the Utrecht Summer School finds that the starting level is insufficient, the Utrecht Summer School may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
7. Students carry responsibility for their own insurance. Please make sure your own insurance covers health insurance, liabilities, and accidents that may occur during your stay in the Netherlands. Utrecht Summer School does not accept any responsibility for such risks as injury, illness, loss or damage to property, accidents, etc.
8. The Utrecht Summer School reserves the right to cancel the course. The Utrecht Summer School will within one week after the closing date (for registration) of the course either in writing or by e-mail inform participants of a cancellation due to lack of interest. Participants should keep this in mind when making travel arrangements; any expenses made other than course and housing fees, will not be reimbursed.
9. If in the opinion of the Utrecht Summer School placement or admission is not possible, or if the Utrecht Summer School has cancelled the course, the registration will be annulled without any costs and course fees already paid will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
10. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the course or ends it prematurely. These costs are as follows:
- If the participant cancels more than 4 weeks before the start of the course, he/she will have to pay 15% of the full course fee (including housing).
- If the participant cancels within 4 weeks before the start of the course, he/she will have to pay the full course fee/accommodation.
11. The Utrecht Summer School must have received the course fee owed before the first course session. The payment options are mentioned on the website www.utrechtsummerschool.nl under Application.
12. If the course fee is not paid on time the Utrecht Summer School shall be authorised to ban the participant from the course until the obligation to pay has been fulfilled.
13. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of the Utrecht Summer School will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
14. Any disputes resulting from the agreement between the participant and the Utrecht Summer School that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation will be brought before the Utrecht court.