This course is part of the Contemporary China Studies Programme Summer Sessions 2018, and is taught in Shanghai, China in collaboration with Fudan University. The principal objective of this course is to help you develop a critical appreciation of both the opportunities and challenges associated with the increasing globalization of markets with a particular focus on emerging markets, Asian markets, and Chinese market.
This course covers the topics an informed marketing manager needs to understand to execute strategic, tactical and administrative marketing. Readings, case studies and examples are carefully selected for class discussions, so as to provide students with a good mix of Asian and international example, as well as a comprehensive understanding of emerging markets and marketing trends. In addition, a heightened focus on e-marketing activities helps students to understand the growing integration of technology and marketing in today’s globally-connected world.
During this course, you will:
1. Assess various foreign markets
2. Analyze the impact of cultural, social, political and economic factors on marketing strategies
3. Determine when to use different market entry and penetration strategies
4. Examine the different skills and systems required to implement marketing strategies across country borders
5. By engaging your best efforts, you will enhance your understanding of the scope, risks and rewards facing organizations attempting to establish and maintain global competitiveness.
Dr. William Wu
In case you apply for two consecutive courses at CCSP Summer Sessions in Shanghai, you will receive a discount of 20% on the tuition and housing fees of the second course.
Contemporary China Studies Programme