The Entrepreneurial Side of Business
More and more, companies are looking for people who not only understand their own academic discipline but also have a basic understanding of business and entrepreneurship. Strange? Not at all! All sorts of business start with an idea, be it in arts, communication, design, food, gaming, health care, life science, mobility... But in order to be viable some basic elements must be in place like (product) development, communication, management, persuasion, financing and also selling.
This track comprises of four courses in which students learn about different aspects of business and entrepreneurship.
This special track consists of:
1. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice
2. Entrepreneurial Marketing
3. Social Entrepreneurship
4. Strategic Entrepreneurship
This four week track will get you up to date with some of the essentials. For more information on the separate courses please take a look at their respective course descriptions.
Peter O. van der Meer
Prof. dr. Elmarie Venter
Dr. Niels Bosma
Dr. Coen Rigtering
Mr. Hans-Peter Bakker MSc.
Mr. Peter O. van der Meer MSc.
1. All students interested in business and entrepreneurship without a formal business degree or those wanting to find out more about it.
2. Also students who have learned about business but would like to broaden their horizon and see what role entrepreneurship plays in business.
The course is taught in English and interactive by nature. Therefore students are expected to have a good proficiency in oral and written communication.
Next to the individual course aims, the full track offers students an insight in the developing fields of business and entrepreneurship.
Four hours per day (at least). The course starts at 10AM and there will be a break at 12AM. After class students are expected to prepare assignments for the next day and work on a group projects.
• € 2150 - Course + course materials + housing
• € 1500 - Course + course materials
Utrecht Summer School does not offer scholarships for this course.
Deadline for registration: 14 June 2017