Are you just starting to learn Dutch and would you like to make big steps in a short timespan? Are you looking for a Dutch course that combines the grammar, vocabulary and language skills of level 1, 2 and 3 in one? Our intensive Dutch Language for Beginners course will take your Dutch from zero to level A2 in just one month. At the end of the course you’ll know basic Dutch, including elementary grammar and vocabulary, and you’ll be able to have small conversations with native speakers.
In a pleasant and supportive learning environment, using a variety of practical exercises, we’ll help you master the basics of Dutch language, including elementary grammar and vocabulary. You’ll practise how to make an appointment or to have a simple (phone) conversation, while at the same time gaining more insight into useful aspects of studying, working and living in the Netherlands.
The course will help you:
- expand your vocabulary;
- improve your grammar (verb tenses, pronouns, word order, negation, plural, modal verbs, phrasal verbs, adjectives);
- develop your speaking skills (pronunciation, responding, conversations);
- develop your writing skills (spelling, emails, simple texts);
- improve your comprehension of spoken Dutch;
- improve your comprehension of written Dutch.
The Babel institute is situated in a monumental building in the centre of Utrecht. We encourage you to explore this beautiful part of the Netherlands in your free time and practise your newly acquired skills with Dutch locals.
This course will be offered in a virtual classroom setting. Check the course description for more information.
This course corresponds with level A2, as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR), and is suitable for beginners with no prior knowledge of Dutch. Classes will predominantly be taught in Dutch, with English as a supporting language. A good command of English is therefore required. Level A2 allows you to enrol in Dutch courses at level B1.
Aim of the course
This course aims to expand your Dutch language skills up to CEFR level A2. At the end of the course you can:
- understand and create complete sentences and commonly used expressions;
- effectively exchange information for simple and routine matters;
- give more descriptive background information.
Total study load: 150 hours
- Contact hours: 81
- Hours of self study at the institute: 36
- Homework: 33