Dutch Language Level 3 (A2) early August
You can have a simple conversation with people in Dutch, but you want more. Develop your Dutch language skills in this pre-intermediate course. The course offers you the opportunity to learn the Dutch language fast and well. The course aim is to reach level A2. It covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also become more familiar with Dutch customs and manners. The following themes will be covered: health, describing people, work, education, and making a phone call.
Dutch is a Germanic language that is spoken by approximately 23 million people world-wide. Most of these live in the Netherlands and in Belgium, but Dutch is also spoken in Surinam and in the Dutch Antilles.
Dutch language level 3 is designed for beginners who already have some knowledge of Dutch and gives you the opportunity to learn the basics of Dutch fast and well.
This course covers the following activities:
- speaking fluently
- grammar exercises
- letter writing
Marc Gebuis, MSc
Beginners with some previous knowledge of Dutch. You are required to do a placement test developed by Babel. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you.
Please note that it can take up to 5 working days until your language level is assessed. Click here to download the test. Please indicate in which Summer School course you plan to take part.
After completing this course (A2 level):
- You can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, local geography, employment).
- You will be able to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You can describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- You have knowledge of the Dutch language at A2-level and will be able to enroll Dutch courses at B1-level.
Contact hours: 27
Hours of self study at the institute: 12
Total study load: 50 hours
• € 475 - Course + course materials
• € 825 - Course + course materials + housing
» Overview of all available discounts
The course Dutch Language Level 3 (A2) early August can be combined with the following courses.
Dutch Language Level 1 (A1-) early July
03-07-2017 - 14-07-2017 | 0.0 ECTS | € 475
Dutch Language Level 2 (A1+) mid July
17-07-2017 - 28-07-2017 | 0.0 ECTS | € 475
Utrecht Summer School doesn't offer scholarships for this course.
Deadline for registration: 17 July 2017