IELTS Preparation (B2 -> B2+)
Babel Language Institute
08 July 2019
19 July 2019
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Preparing for the IELTS exam? Do this efficiently in our IELTS preparation course. If you need to improve your score we can help you develop the skills you need. You learn about the set-up of the exam, practise test-taking strategies and develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for the exam. IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System.
The IELTS exam training focuses on:
- listening (comprehension, supporting ideas, important details);
- structure (revision of tenses, completing sentences and finding grammatical errors);
- reading (main ideas, inferences, vocabulary);
- writing (analysing exam questions, organising and developing ideas in standard English);
- speaking (keeping up a conversation, language of discussion, vocabulary);
- exam strategies (timing, avoiding misleading answers).
The course is suitable for people who have reached CEF-level B2 or higher.
You are required to do a placement test developed by Babel. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days until your language level is assessed.
Marc Gebuis, MSc
This training aims to help you improve your English skills and prepare you for the IELTS exam. If you need to improve your score we can help you develop the skills you need.
Contact hours: 27
Hours of self study at the institute: 12
Total study load: 50 hours
Housing through Utrecht Summer School
05 July 2019