Reproductive and Maternal Health: a Global Perspective
This course will provide a comprehensive overview about womenís reproductive and maternal health globally. Topics discussed in this course represent critical health challenges and strategies to improve reproductive and maternal health outcomes.
How can we reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality? What is the role of reproductive health services such as contraceptives, safe abortion and infertility treatment? How do societal factors affect womenís health outcomes, including social determinants, gender dynamics and human rights? What is the impact of cervical cancers on the health of women of reproductive age around the world? What interventions work, and how do national and international policies impact outcomes? How do the Sustainable Development Goals relate to maternal and reproductive health issues?maternal health, reproductive health, obstetrics, gynecology, global health, epidemiology, interdisciplinary, medicine
Prof. Kitty W.M. Bloemenkamp
- Dr. Joyce L. Browne
- Dr. Marcus J. Rijken
- Prof. Dr. Jelle Stekelenburg
- Dr. Thomas Van der Akker
- Drs. Natasha Hoesseini
- Prof.Dr. Jos Van Roosmalen
- Prof.Dr. Arie Franx
- Prof.Dr. Tarek Meguid
- Members of the Dutch Working Party on International Safe Motherhood & Reproductive Health
Masterís level students (Medical/global health/public health/biomedical sciences/), medical doctors and health researchers with an interest in womenís health in a global context.
This course aims to:
- Introduce participants to key challenges in reproductive and maternal health globally.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of strategies to improve reproductive and maternal health outcomes.
- Discuss the role of the Sustainable Development Goals, social determinants, gender dynamics, human rights and policy to improve reproductive and maternal health outcomes.
30 contact hours; 10 self-study hours.
• € 950 - Course + course materials + housing
• € 750 - Course + course materials
For medical students and participants from low- and middle-income countries: fee 500 euro (excluding housing)
The course Reproductive and Maternal Health: a Global Perspective can be combined with the following courses.
Challenges of Global Health
03-07-2017 - 07-07-2017 | 1.5 ECTS | € 750
Reduced fee for medical students and participants from low- and middle-income countries (Fee 500 euro).
Deadline for registration: 01 April 2017